EPLAN has launched the EPLAN Experience, a software that aims to optimize engineering efficiency. It is completely integrated into the existing EPLAN platform.
The software provides eight areas of focus:
- IT Infrastructure: Integrates a user’s EPLAN software into their IT infrastructure to ensure it is high-performing.
- Platform Setup: Enables users to make an application-specific program configuration.
- Codes & Standards: Provides guidelines for settings and the use of device and master data. It also includes the new IEC 81346 standard.
- Product Structure: Offers a simplified method for structuring machines and systems. It uses designation as the basis for the use of automation methods and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Design Methods: Allows users to analyze, evaluate, define and implement selected design methods.
- Workflow: Evaluates and automates design processes by each step via a scripting API (application programming interface) or an additional development.
- Process Integration: Integrates workflows into a user’s processes.
- Project Management: The platform offers a project plan based on standardized processes.
According to the company, the November release centers around the Codes & Standards and Design Methods modules.
“EPLAN Experience will help our customers meet the many challenges in controls engineering they are facing in today’s fast evolving world, such as growing complexity, big data, and new types of connectivity,” says Thomas Michels, head of product management. “We help companies to do more with the same or fewer resources, to accelerate product development, and free product development resources for other value-added activities.”
For more information, visit EPLAN.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.