The add-in enables Autodesk Inventor users to turn their designs into prototypes and production products. It gives users access to Xometry’s pricing, design feedback and lead time information directly in the Inventor environment.
The Xometry Add-in enables Inventor users to:
- get instant pricing and lead times in Inventor;
- receive immediate design feedback on parts;
- choose from a wide range of processes, including 3D printing, sheet metal, CNC machining and urethane casting with over 200 materials;
- order designs through Xometry with one click; and
- add notes and drawings to further specify part features, finishes and tolerances.
“Inventor is the preferred design platform for many of our customers and Xometry’s add-in will make it even easier for them to turn their designs into real parts and products,” says Hunter Guerin, product manager for the add-in.
“We’ve built Inventor to help design and engineering professionals deliver innovative, high-quality products to market more quickly,” says Robert Yancey, director of manufacturing and product strategy at Autodesk. “The Xometry add-in gives our customers yet another tool to turn their product vision into reality.”
The Xometry Autodesk Inventor add-in is now available to download.
For more info, visit Xometry.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.